Attraction —Add to
My Guide Remove from
CIBUS - 19TH INTERNATIONAL FOOD EXPOSITION
Events | Exhibitions | Food
Watch, learn, taste, live: today is the first day of the International Fair dedicated to the beloved Italian food
The latin word “Cibus” means “food”, and food will be the big star of these four days in Parma, from 7th to 10th of May.
Cibus International Food Exposition is strengthening year by year its reference role into the international background for Italian food, and Parma is growing as a real “foodland”: food is culture, with plenty of interesting focuses on various aspects, like innovation in food production, creative cooking, environmental links, quality and wellness and much more.
Cibus is the Fair of novelties: 3100 stands of Italian companies exposes 1300 new products that will be soon introduced into the food market. From health products to ready meals, passing through the more traditional ones (cheese, meat and salumi, pasta, sweets) that integrate innovative concepts, you can preview the best of future in nutrition. A special area (“Cibus Innovation Corner”) spotlights the top 100 of them. Watch the full list of new products
The huge program of conferences, meetings, talks and projects focus on specific thematics that cover the main areas of food interest: the future of nutrition, the sustainability and the consumers satisfaction. Some of the most interesting topics will be:
- the Biotechnology and its impact on agri-food system
- sustainability and innovation seen from the perspective of the potential of circularity of agri-food chain and the role of communication in making people aware of food waste - the valorisation and safeguard of the authentic Italian agri-food product
- the analysis of food market, with consumers’ needs and habits changes and the development of multi varied formats that will connect in one line the retail point, the e-commerce and the restaurants
- the chefs and their new role as reference point in influencing new behaviours at the kitchen
- novel foods, like insects and cultured meat
- food defense and prevention against voluntary contaminations
Know more about the events and conferences
The most entertaining and appetizing part of the whole fair is the show cooking: the top chefs, which participation is more numerous for this edition, propose several creative ways to cook the new products followed by tasting. The stands animate the pavilion 8 and includes for the first time the area “Gourmet Taste”, with a selection of over 20 companies coming from Europe and Asia that offer an international tasting.
“Parma City of Gastronomy” is the a special off event in the city of Parma, from 5th to 13th of May; you can really live an emotional experience where you’ll use all your senses to feel the lifestyle of the city, to explore the stories of the gastronomic excellences of the territory and to become ambassadors of the ancient heritage kept by the territorial producers.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Enrico David's new exhibition is comprised of works that express the close connection and the natural dialogue...
On January 25th 2013 the doors will open onto a new ArteFiera almost exclusively featuring works...
The Museum of Modern Art in Bologna, the MAMbo, will host the first exhibition dedicated to David Bowie, with the only date in Italy....
The XIII edition of the international photograph festival will animate Reggio Emilia, with a powerful theme and plenty of events around the whole city...